Credence Medicure Corporation holds in high regard the privacy rights of our website and portal visitors. The following information describes what material we collect from site visitors and how that data might be disseminated to our accrediting agency or other institutions.
CMC treats all personal information (personal data) confidential. We understand that you are concerned with how information about you is collected, processed, used and stored, and we appreciate you trusting that we will do everything with care and diligence.
Information you provide to us:
Personally identifiable information (directory information) of our empaneled users of our websites is protected by the US laws.
Information about use of our services
In addition to the information you provide to us, we may collect information about your use of the Services. For example, we may collect:
- Device Information – We may collect information concerning your computer and other devices used to access the Services. For example, we may collect your hardware model, IP address, other unique device identifiers, operating system version, and browser type and settings of the device you use to access the Services.
- Usage Information – We also may collect information about the Services you use, your interactions with content offered through the Services, and other online activity. For example, we may collect information about how many visitors visit a specific page on the Services, how long they stay on that page, and which hyperlinks, if any, they click on. We collect this information, in part, using technologies such as cookies and web beacons, which are discussed in greater detail below.
- Information from Third-Party Sources. We may receive information about you from publicly and commercially available sources, as permitted by law, which we may combine with other information we receive from or about you.
Personally Identifiable information: Personally identifiable information (directory information) of our empaneled users of our website is protected by the US laws.
Information Collection: When applying, registering or requesting information on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information, social security number or other details.
Information Use: Credence Medicure Corporation may use your collected information in the following ways:
- To provide and maintain our service
- To notify you about changes to our service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather, analyze or evaluate information so that we can improve our services or marketing
- To monitor the usage of our service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested
- To improve our website in order to better serve you
- To create lookalike audiences for marketing purposes
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
- To quickly process your transactions and requests
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products
Information security: Credence Medicure Corporation has implemented a variety of technical, organizational and administrative security measures to keep your personal information safe and secure and to protect it against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. We review, monitor and update these security measures to meet our business needs, changes in technology and regulatory requirements.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
The law states that we can store cookies on your device if they are strictly necessary for the operation of our site. For all other types of cookies we need your permission.
You can turn off the ability to receive any of these cookies by manually adjusting the browser in your computer, but you should note that if you do so, this may materially affect the functionality of the website and the information you can access through them.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future.
- Understand and save user's preferences for future visits.
Google Chrome: https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/privacy/
Mozilla Firefox: www.mozilla.org/en-US/privacy
Internet Explorer: https://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/change-internet-explorer-privacy-settings#1TC=windows-7
Microsoft Edge: https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy
Google Analytics: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Please note, if you turn cookies off, some features will be disabled and some of the features that make your site experience more efficient and may not function properly.
Compliance with Laws, Legal Process and Authorities
Credence Medicure Corporation cooperates with government and law enforcement agencies to enforce and comply with the legal regulations. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of us or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical or legally actionable.
Third-party links and Disclosure
Credence Medicure Corporation does not sell, or trade, your Personally Identifiable Information. CMC websites may contain links to third-party websites. Links to these websites are provided as a convenience only and should not be interpreted as an endorsement of the linked sites, its operator, or contents. We encourage our site visitors to review the privacy policies of each website they may visit.
Retention of Data